- Research Question (5 pts)
Develop a research question (PICO optional). This should only be one concise sentence. No typos, no grammar issues
- Research Goals and Objectives (20pts)
What are the expected results of the research program? The goals should specify the problem and identify target populations. Then describe the objectives, there should be more than one, to describe the results to be achieved, use “SMART” objectives. This should be approximately one page.
- Literature Review (35pts)
State in more detail the problem or issue you have identified from your research question and include data sources that support your claim (e.g., lack of physical activity in your community and data on physical activity rates from Healthy People 2020). This section should be 2-3 pages. There should be a minimum of five peer-reviewed citations. Websites are not acceptable The formatting of this section is as follows:
- Introduction. Open by providing detailed background of the issue (providing more detail from above, and getting more specific as to your area of inquiry) in 1-3 paragraphs.
- Body. Provide at least one paragraph per source (citation) of detailed analysis of the current research on your topic. This is how you tell the reader what is known on this topic as well as what is not known – this is where your research comes in.
- Conclusion. Explain the gaps in previously conducted research and how your research will address at least one gap (such as population, setting, intervention/exposure type).
- Logic Model (30pts)
Build a logic model indicating the inputs, research activities, and anticipated outputs as indicated in the template shared in class. This section may take 1-2 pages.
- References (10pts)
Spelling, grammar, comprehensibility count!