Final Persuasive Essay should be a polished error-free document. It is recommended that you review and complete the revision worksheet before finalize submission.
• The Final essay should include a thesis statement, clear position on chosen topic, acknowledgment of the opposing view, clear purpose and direction, and effective conclusion.
• Revised essay should be error free and consistent in tone, point of view and verb tense.
• Three reliable sources are required to support your position.
• Reliable sources include Keiser Library, Google scholar, and others approved by your instructor.
• See Revision Worksheet and Rubric for guidance and assessment of you work.
Choose one of the following Writing Suggestions or you may choose a topic relevant to your career or studies. The topic must be debatable (have two opposing sides), research based (use facts, not personal opinion) and relevant to your career. See page 172 for further guidance.
• IMMIGRATION: Should the U.S. offer a path to citizenship/legal residency for illegal immigrants?
• MINIMUM WAGE: Should the minimum wage be raised from its current $7.25 per hour?
• ENVIRONMENT: Should the US support initiatives that restrict carbon emissions (or carbon pollution)?
• 1000 words (minimum) persuasive essay
• Minimum of three sources with in-text citations
• Microsoft word document in APA format including title page, reference page.
• Submission to OWL is recommended
• HOW TO FORMAT YOUR PAPER
Please review attached document for the proper format for your papers.
Please note the following:
• All papers must be Microsoft Word documents.
• The paper is double-spaced in Times New Roman, size 12, and has no extra spaces between the paragraphs.
• The paper uses one-inch margins and half-inch indentions for the beginning of paragraphs. You can set this up in Microsoft Word to automatically default to these settings for your paper.
• Paper should include title page, body text and reference page.