answer the questions
Socy 101 Video Worksheet Name _________________________
TedX talk by Ai-jen Poo “The Work that Makes All Other Work Possible”
Please read all the questions before watching the video. Not all the content matches the order of the questions.
- What makes the labor Ai-jen Poo describes invisible?
- Why are these employees at risk for exploitation?
- How are race, gender, social class, and immigrant status associated with this work?
- How is Lily’s story an example of human trafficking and slavery? Be specific.
- How does domestic work reinforce social stratification?
- What is the “slippery slope” to which Ai-jen Poo refers?
- What is the connection between domestic workers, families separated at the U.S. – Mexico border and moral choices?
- What does it mean to show up as a domestic worker?
- What social policies is the National Domestic Workers Alliance attempting to pass?
For more information about this group, see this link: https://www.domesticworkers.org/