write a short reflective essay
Select one of the 9 inspiring TED Talks (Links to an external site.) to watch and write about. After watching, write a short reflective essay answers to the following:
Summary of the talk. Put the speaker’s thoughts/ideas into your own words. This is purely a summary and paraphrasing of what the speaker has to say. Be sure to include the following:
- What are the big ideas?
- What are the main points?
- What’s the speaker’s central argument/thesis?
Implications/Relevance/Importance of the talk. Be sure to include:
- Explain why this topic is important to you and/or other college freshman.
- How can this topic improve/benefit/harm others?
Application. These are your own independent thoughts about what you just watched and heard. Be sure to include:
- What is your reaction to the talk?
- In what way can you and/or will you utilize the information provided?