Write a paper (750 words) in which you present a clearly articulated argument for why a qualitative quantitative research methodology is the best approach to answer the potential research question
1. Mindfulness teaches the brain to pay attention, to be in the moment, and to be free of judgment. Considering the input of Fletcher and Hayes, how does acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) use mindfulness? Why is this significant? What are some of the benefits of mindfulness? How might the notion of mindfulness be applied to your dissertation research? 350 words, APA FORMAT, 2 PEER REVIEW journal articles, cite references
2. Hooper reviews both the origin and the purpose of Bayes’ theorem which involves examining probability theory with full control of predictive outcomes as opposed to probability theory with some predictive outcomes outside the realm of individual control. Consider, then, the juxtaposition of Bayes’ theorem with cognitive comprehension. To what extent does this juxtaposition relate to one’s understanding of God? Explain. 350 words, APA FORMAT, 2 PEER REVIEW journal articles, cite references
3. In the video on embodiment, it is asserted that most thought is unconscious. What individuals consciously see/hear/feel may be unconsciously optimized based on their existing schema before becoming conscious thought. That is, the brain is interpreting the experience rather than the individual understanding a stimulus holistically. What implications does this have for cognitive science, the creation of bias and points of view, and “neuroception”? How does this influence your dissertation research? Explain. 350 words, APA FORMAT, 2 PEER REVIEW journal articles, cite references
4. Do attachment patterns, as described in the video about attachment theory, affect humans’ intimate relationships and the individuals’ self-regulation? Why or why not? 350 words, APA FORMAT, 2 PEER REVIEW journal articles, cite references
5. Consider Christakis’ notion of the social contagion effect. What do you believe are the primary implications of the social contagion effect on physical and mental health? Why? How might this notion influence the self-efficacy of an individual? Explain. 350 words, APA FORMAT, 2 PEER REVIEW journal articles, cite references
6. Write a paper (750 words) in which you present a clearly articulated argument for why a qualitative quantitative research methodology is the best approach to answer the potential research question: How are young children impacted by parental incarceration. Include the following in your paper:
- A literature-supported discussion identifying the critical attributes of the selected methodology (qualitative).
- A literature-supported rationale that clearly articulates why the critical attributes of the selected methodology are a best or appropriate fit for the stated problem and research questions. Cite 3 specific examples within the last three years where a similar methodology was used to answer similar research questions or to address a similar problem statement.
- A literature-supported rationale that clearly articulates why the opposing methodology (quantitative) is NOT appropriate for the study.
- A concluding statement that clearly affirms the methodological choice (qualitative).
7. Describe the interactions that influence cognitive comprehension. Consider the connection of predictive patterns of behavior and social cognitive theory to cognitive comprehension. Write 1,650 words; address 1 & 2 below.
- Explain how these interactions work well together.
- Describe what happens when these interactions conflict with one another.