This is for a social work class called skills in interviewing.
This course introduces students to the multi-step process of problem solving with a focus on the strength’s perspective. The student will select a social work case. The student social worker will identify the problem(s) and narrowing them down to a workable plan of action. The student will develop a plan of action by determining short and long-term objectives to meet the goal and objectives. The student should discuss the possible barriers to change such as collaborating with a client who is unmotivated or mandated for treatment. In addition, the student should discuss in his/her paper the steps in developing a written or verbal contract with a client. Overall, case analysis should include the following: problem identification, planning, and contracting as phases of the helping relationship. This assignment should be in APA format. The paper should be a 5-page double-spaced written report. Use the following headings to concisely answer the items below.
- Brief overview of your selected case.
- Identify the problem(s) and needs of the client.
- Develop a strategy on how to meet the clients needs? What are the client’s strengths?
- What are your goals?
- Specify objectives, what the are your short-term and long-term objectives?
- Were there any barriers or pitfalls in collaborating with your client. Any social work barriers?
- Specify the action steps needed to achieve your goals. It is important to assign responsibilities to the social worker and the client (who? will do what? by when? and how will success be measured?)
- Formalize contract