Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
1. Discuss the major explanations for the similarities and differences among humans and their societies, and how anthropology is used to study these. Use specific examples in your answer.
2. Compare and contrast the two dimensions of cultural anthropology: ethnography and ethnology. How are these related? In your opinion, are they both equally useful? Explain your answer.
3. Explain the four major subfields of general anthropology. How do they relate to each other? What does each contribute to the broader field of general anthropology?
4. Relationships with biology, society, culture, and language link anthropology to many other specific fields in both the sciences and humanities. Give several examples of these fields, both in the sciences and the humanities, and discuss how they relate to anthropology.
5. The American Anthropological Association has formally acknowledged that anthropology serves a public service role. In your own words, explain the applied and academic dimensions of anthropology and how they each serve a public service role.