Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
1. How are political systems related to social structure and a society’s economy? Use specific examples that are not used in the text in your answer.
2. Discuss the different means of societal control using specific examples. Relate these different means to the challenges of studying a society’s culture.
3. What is a “family?” Compare and contrast the different types of families in the context of anthropology. In what ways does a society’s culture impact the concept of “family?”
4. What are “descent groups?” Compare and contrast unilineal descent, lineages, and clans. In what ways does the concept of descent group differ from the concept of family?