Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- Length: At least 1500 words (6 double-spaced pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner. Each topic should be discussed in your essay.
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. The title page and the reference page are not counted toward the required word count. Be sure to answer all questions. There should be clear headings in your paper that show each section you are addressing.
- References: As used, include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type.
- Submission: Submit your assignment to the DropBox
- Describe the most relevant aspects of the history of health insurance.
- Select and define at least five health insurance terms.
- Explain the types of managed care plans.
- Explain the various types of coverage available.
- Explain how to work with fee schedules.
- Discuss how to post payments.
- Explain how to reconcile payments and rejections.
- Describe the role of the insurance commissioner.
- Explain in a concise way (several paragraphs to a page) the future of health insurance costs (what will they be? Why?)