Special Occasion Speech OutlineOverview
In this assignment, you will outline a special occasion speech. You will deliver your speech based on this outline next week.
- Select either Topic A or Topic B for your special occasion speech.
- Topic A: Deliver a speech of introduction in which you introduce a person who inspires you.
- Topic B: You have been given an award for Employee of the Month and must give an acceptance speech at an awards banquet.
- Create an outline or speaking notes in Microsoft Word.
- Download the Sample Outline [DOCX] attached, which provides guidance for the structure of an outline.
- Focus your speech on 2–3 main points so you’ll stay within the 2-minute time limit.
- Submit the completed outline in a Microsoft Word document.
Your assignment will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Research. Cite at least two credible sources and support the main points.
- The outline is complete and on topic.
- The outline provides solid flow for the speech.
- The outline is clear and free from spelling and grammar issues.