SOCL – How Male Role change since 1950s
RULES FOR ASSIGNMENT TO FOLLOW:
- * Must be Quality work, 0% plagiarism, No grammar mistakes, formatted cited work and on time.
- *Must be in APA formatt. Word Document. Must pass turn it in % Must meet the guidelines below. Must have 3 references
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
If you are a MALE, describe how the female role in American society has changed since the 1950s. If you are a FEMALE, describe how the male role has changed since the 1950s. Be sure to discuss gender expectations today. How do you think gender roles will change in the future? In this Discussion Board, you must incorporate scholarly resources to add to and back up your statements. Share the research you have found that discusses changes in the following:
- The male and female roles in the family and how they have changed from the 1950s through today
- Changes in the male and female legal or political rights from the 1950s through today
- Male and female changes in the workforce (such as statistics of how many men or women work full-time from the 1950s through today)
- Household or child care responsibilities with what percentage of men and women take care of the children and domestic responsibilities and how this has changed from the 1950s through today
- Changes in educational level attainment for males and females and how this has changed from the 1950s through today
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Unit 3 Discussion Board Grading Criteria
Discussed how the opposite sex’s role in society has changed since the 1950s.
Discussed modern gender expectations.
Predicted future gender roles.
Responded to at least 2 fellow classmates. Each response was at least 100 words in length.
Spelling, grammar, APA (in-text citations and at least 1 outside source)