Social policies are enacted to address particular social problems
Please follow the instructions for your all of your assignments. If not, you will be deducted marks (see specific instructions and grading guidelines per assignment for more information).
- All papers must be submitted in Word format (not PDF) directly into UM Learn.
- Ensure that you write your paper in essay style (i.e., include an introductory and concluding paragraph in addition to the body of your text) (you do not need to do this for the search strategy)
- You may use headings or subtitles to organize your papers
- Use only 12 point font (no larger or smaller)
- Use standard-size margins (1 inch or 2.54 cm) only, including top, bottom, and side margins
- Papers should be double-spaced (unless I indicate otherwise)
- Number all of your pages
- Please ensure you are following the required page lengths for all assignments
- Include a title page, with the course number (SWRK 1310), your name, and your student number
- You may use first person (e.g., I and me) in your papers
- Do not use contractions in academic writing (e.g., don’t, can’t, I’ve).
- Do not use bulleted points in your paper to provide information. Instead, summarize the material in your own words (in sentences) and cite accordingly.
- You must use APA (7th Ed.) for your papers, including in-text citations and in your reference page (please refer to the APA resources in the Assignments folder)
- A bibliography or Works Cited page is not acceptable!
- Your search strategy will include annotationsin the References page