research and writing on a service type project with an international component.
In this option, you will focus your research and writing on a service type project with an international component.
Your assignment is as follows:
Imagine that you are writing a scholarly paper for consumption by a new undergraduate student in the project management program. In your paper, explain the following:
- Procurement documents – including contract information for key stakeholders and suppliers, and supplier lists.
- Tools and Techniques – including interviews, focus groups, decision-making, prototypes, benchmarking, or other tools and techniques.
- Procurement management – including make-or-buy analysis, market research, and source selection documents.
- Change Requests – including corrective action, preventive action, and defect repair.
- Change Control Board – including their role in the change control system.
- Validate Scope – including methods of accepting deliverables, group decision-making, work performance information, and inspection.
- Control Procurements – including contract change control, payment systems, and claims administration.
- Project Management Ethics – including PMI expectations.
- International Project Considerations – including use of human resources from outside the United States, or executing the project outside the United States.
Your well-written paper must meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 pages in length, not including cover, references page, and appendices.
- Supporting documents must appear in appendices.
- The paper must be supported by at least 4 quality sources, of which 2 must be current, scholarly resources. For this assignment, current, scholarly sources are peer-reviewed journal articles published within the most recent 3 years and accessed from the library databases or other academic sources. Textbooks will not count toward peer-reviewed requirements but may be used as quality sources if published within the most recent 3 years. The use of the PMBOK Guide as a quality source is strongly suggested. The PMBOK Guide is not a scholarly resource.
- Be sure to properly organize your writing and include an introduction, headings/subheadings for the body of your work, analysis and recommendations, conclusion, and list of references.