Public Administration & Information & Communication Technology
Assignment #14 – Public Administration & Information & Communication Technology
- Required Readings:
- A three‐stage adoption process for social media use in government (See attached)
- Big data in public affairs (See attached)
- Chapter 12 in Textbook 1 (See attached)
Source cited-Textbook 1: Holzer, M., & Schwester, R.W. (2016). Public Administration: An Introduction. 2nd Edition. M.E. Shape.
- Looking for friends, fans, and followers Social media use in public and nonprofit human services (See attached)
- We all need help “Big data” and the mismeasure of public administration (See attached)
- Assignment: Based on the reading materials, please write a short essay as a response to ONE of the following questions:
1. What are the risks of using ICTs in public administration practice?
2. How can the study of public administration benefit from ICTs?
- Prepare an original and thoughtful (including references) response of 400 words.
- Student participation includes the following attributes:
- Comments show evidence of a thorough reading and analysis of the material(s) — this means the inclusion of references
- Points are relevant to the discussion in terms of increasing everyone’s understanding and are not merely a regurgitation of the readings.
- Care is taken to distinguish among different kinds of information; i.e. facts, opinions, assumptions, or inferences.
- There is a willingness to test new ideas rather than remain cautious and safe.
- Submissions utilize correct word usage, spelling, and punctuation.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE WRITER:
Please read the required readings. See attached materials.
Follow the instructions above and response to ONE of the questions.
You should quote at least three works mentioned in the required readings. The essay should be no less than 400 words in length. Be sure to include the question you select in the document.
Sources cited should be from reading materials.