professional communication Assignment
- Professional Experience: Presentation Outline
The Professional Experience assignments have been designed to help prepare you for communicating in a professional work setting. When you are writing in the workplace, it is essential to make sure that you carefully follow any specific directions you receive. Sending poorly formatted or poorly written communications to managers or coworkers is not something you want to do! To earn full credit, make sure you complete all elements and follow the instructions exactly as written. Assignments that follow directions as written will receive full credit.
If you submit your Professional Experience assignment before the due date and you are not satisfied with your grade, you may resubmit it one time before the due date for a new grade.
Last week, you created a PowerPoint presentation; next week, you will submit an audio or video recording of that presentation. For this week’s Professional Experience, you will create an outline for your recorded presentation. You may use the outline example provided or create your own for this Professional Experience.
- Download and review the Presentation Outline Sample [XLSX].
- Save the outline template to your desktop using the following file name format:
- Example file name: Smith_Presentation_Outline
- Review the outline guidelines that you will use to create an outline.
- You may use the provided Presentation Outline Sample or develop one of your own using MS Word or Excel. In either format, include the key elements: slide number, slide title, slide content, and narrative.
- Write short bullet points, not long paragraphs.
- Focus only on the key points in your Week 6 presentation.
- Remember that the content should focus on a specific aspect of social media use in the workplace, such as the importance of companies embracing social media, advertising through social media, establishing policies involving social media, or communicating properly and professionally through social media platforms.
- Save all changes you made to your document. If you are not using the outline sample provided, be sure that you follow the file naming convention specified in the instructions.
Submit your completed outline for your instructor’s review in the Week 7 Professional Experience: Presentation Outline assignment by the deadline.