PRESENT VALUE AND BOND VALUATION
Virtual Stock Exchange Project
Module 2 SLP Assignment
- Make 3 stock purchases and provide information about the purchases
Please download the Module 2 SLP template. You will type your answer into this Excel workbook. When finished with the SLP assignment, please save the document with your last name and submit to the dropbox.
- Purchase 4: Assume you are a very risk averse investor (you don’t like risk). Buy at least $10,000 worth of a company’s stock that is appropriate given your risk preference.
- Purchase 5: Assume you are a very risk loving investor (you LOVE risk). Buy at least $10,000 worth of a company’s stock that is appropriate given your risk preference.
- Purchase 6: Assume you are an investor willing to accept average market risk (the Beta of the stock should be around 1). Buy at least $10,000 worth of a company’s stock that is appropriate given your risk preference.
You are free to make additional purchases, but you only need to explain the reasoning behind your required purchases 4 through 6.
- You will need to include the following information for each stock in this workbook:
Reason for Buying
Previous Close Price
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- For computational problems, make sure to show your work and explain your steps.
- For short answer/short essay questions, make sure to reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.