Answer each these questions in a paragraph with at least five sentences: Include the question and number your responses accordingly.
1. What kind of speech was the First Amendment written to protect?
2. Does the First Amendment apply only to spoken words?
3. What does it mean that laws regulating speech must be content neutral?
4. Why are common carriers prohibited from controlling the content of the material they carry?
5. How does the Supreme Court determine whether material is obscene?
6. Why have attempts to censor the Internet failed in the US?
7. Why not just ban spam?
8. Why did Facebook ban Alex Jones and Louis Farrakan?
9. Should websites that show how to 3d print guns be banned?
10. According to the Supreme Court ‘anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority’. What does that mean?
Videos and /ReadingsWhy Privacy Matters
The Surveillance State
Chinese Spy Chip
Richard Stallman on Facebook