My real world political issue is about Pandemic, the concept is possibly the intensity of pandemic
(My real world political issue is about Pandemic, the concept is possibly the intensity of pandemic)
Concept: Identify a concept specific to your real-world political issue. To make this part of the assignment easier, be sure to identify a concept that is continuous and has a direction (i.e., there can be more or less of it). (3 points)
Hint: For example, instead of using “civil war” as a concept, use “the intensity of civil war.” Or instead of using “democracy” as a concept, use “the degree of democracy.”
Hint: Remember that concepts are abstractions.
2. Concept definition: Provide a clear definition of your concept. What does the concept mean or refer to? (3 points)
3. Think of a procedure for measuring this concept that would likely generate measurement bias. To be clear, yes, I want you to identify a measure that would be prone to bias.
- Description: Describe this measurement procedure. (3 points) Hint: Remember that measures are procedures. For this part you need to clearly specify the procedure you would use to collect data.
- Direction: In what direction would this measurement procedure be likely to bias your data? (3 points)
- Explanation: Explain why the measurement procedure would produce the kind of bias you describe in question 3b. (3 points)