In this essay you will describe and analyze one type of evidence that is used in a forensics investigation.
In this essay you will describe and analyze one type of evidence that is used in a forensics investigation. The evidence could be physical (fingerprints, shoe marks, tire marks, fibers) OR digital (CCTV footage, login records, internet of things devices).
The essay should explain how the type of evidence that you chose supports the investigation process, the following questions should be addressed in the essay:
· What kind of information does the digital evidence provide and how does this information support the investigation process?
· How is this type of evidence preserved?
· What are the factors that affect whether this evidence is admissible in court?
· What group of experts is eligible to assess the reliability of the evidence (Psychologists, IT experts, biologists, chemists, etc.)?
· How has this type of evidence been used in the real world to investigate a crime or track a suspect? Give a specific example of a case.
The essay should be 2000 words (+/- 10%) and a referencing style should be used (APA, MLA, or any other reference style.).
The following criteria will be used to assess the essay:
Criteria #1: description of evidence (25%)
Criteria #2: explanation of evidence preservation and court admissibility (25%)
Criteria #3: identification of the category of experts eligible to assess the evidence (25%)
criteria #4: description of a real-world case where the evidence was used (25%)