Identify one (1) take-home message (or educational implication) for each of the readings listed in the Reading Assignment section of this unit
Identify one (1) take-home message (or educational implication) for each of the readings listed in the Reading Assignment section of this unit. Think about the information presented in the learning resources and how you will utilize it when working with adolescents. include practical examples for each of the points identified. There are 6 readings, therefore, you will develop 6 take-home messages. ensure to cite all the works.
1. Paechter, C. (2005) Masculine femininities/feminine masculinities: power, identities and gender. Gender and Education, 18 (3), pp. 253-263. http://research.gold.ac.uk/1551/1/EDU_Paechter_2006a.pdf
- The discussion presented here will explore the construction of masculinity and femininity and the power associated with related culture behavior.
2. Rosario, M., Schrimshaw, E. W., Hunter, J., & Braun, L. (2006). Sexual identity development among gay, lesbian, and bisexual youths: Consistency and change over time. Journal of Sex Research, 43(1), 46–58. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3215279/
- This paper explores young people’s development of a sexual identity as it relates to their sexual minority status.
3. Saewyc, E. M. (2011). Research on adolescent sexual orientation: Development, health disparities, stigma, and resilience. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 21(1), 256–272. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4835230/
- This article provides data linking sexual orientation to health, stigma and resilience.
4. Savin-Williams, R. C. (2018). Developmental trajectories and milestones of sexual-minority youth. In The Cambridge Handbook of Sexual Development, 156–179. doi: 10.1017/9781108116121.009. https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/cambridge-handbook-of-sexual-development/developmental-trajectories-and-milestones-of-sexualminority-youth/F2DD0FB55AE140F07D3FD7EE73FD8DCE/core-reader
- This article provides updated information and terminology about a population previously labeled as gay youth. It will provide you with more information on the ways in which sexual minority youth develop their sexual identities.
5. Texts on Transgender Teens.(n.d.). Mcnallyrobinson. https://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/files/pdfs/2211_RealLives.pdf
6. Fact Sheet – transgender & gender nonconforming youth in school. (n.d.). Sylvia Rivera Law Project. https://srlp.org/resources/fact-sheet-transgender-gender-nonconforming-youth-school/