Identify an environmental activist
Through this assignment you will gain familiarity with work being done by an environmental activist and consider the long-term impacts of his or her work.
Identify an environmental activist that is working domestically or internationally to create change.
Research your selected environmental activist.
You need to include the activist’s information, including the following.
- Birth date (and death date, if applicable)
- Biography, which shows why he or she is considered an activist for environment (a paragraph including information on the following)
- How did they get started?
- What kinds of visions do they have for environmental change?
- What motivates them to continue in the face of adversity?
- What do they get out of doing this?
- Critical review of activist and their activism
- Identify a contemporary environmental movement or success related to the work of this activist.
- What actions seem to be most effective? Why?
- What barriers did the activist run into? Why? Any recommendations to overcome these barriers?
- How did this activist alter the course of the environmental movement?
- What contemporary environmental struggles continue the legacy of this activist?
- Quotes (at least two)
Every item needs to be supported by research. Use at least two scholarly sources and provide APA citation information.
To share the information you find, you have to create an audio-video PowerPoint presentation. Your PowerPoint should be no more than 10 slides (one of which is a list of references in APA style) and should include APA style citations in the body of the presentation.