Technology has made the world seem small, and doing business throughout the world is commonplace. Cultural sensitivities are paramount for managers who will engage in international business.
Go to Country Comparison (https://www.hofstede-insights.com/country-comparison/), select two countries plus the United States, and complete the table below. Think about the countries you select and consider the makeup of your local workforce when deciding; you will use the data in a real-world application.
Using the information from the website, provide a brief explanation for each given dimension and the meaning of each country’s score for that dimension. Be sure to cite the website but do not use the exact words or quotations. (1 page)
Country Comparison Value: the U.S. compared to Country 1 and Country 2United StatesCountry 1Country 2Power DistanceIndividualismMasculinityUncertainty AvoidanceLong Term OrientationIndulgence
Source: Hofstede Insights, 2018
HUMAN RESOURCE APPLICATION
In order to apply what you have learned, address cultural differences between employees from the three countries. Address the following:
- Which dimensions are most different between the three groups?
For the next two topics, you will need to engage in research beyond the Hofstede Insights webpage to complete this assignment.
- How will these differences affect relationships and efficiency in the workplace?
- What can the organization do to make the most of these differences to strengthen its multicultural workforce? (2 pages) Your submission will include:
- Trident University International’s cover page
- A 2- to 3-page paper with APA citations (2- or 3-sentence introduction, 2- to 3-page body, 2- or 3-sentence conclusion)
- The reference list page in APA format