Focus on Durkheim and social solidarity, in addition to the division of labor.
- Write an introduction for the paper. Within the introduction, you want to be sure to include a thesis statement.
- Explain Durkheim’s thesis on social solidarity in different types of societies. Include at least two peer-reviewed journal articles no more than five years old.
- Explain how the various types of social solidarity are tied to the division of labor in society. Apply at least two social concepts.
- Explain social solidarity and the meaning of collective conscience. Apply at least one social theory.
- Finally, not everyone adapts well to the highly specialized division of labor in societies characterized by organic solidarity. Explain the anomic division of labor.
1. The paper should be typed, double-spaced, 1″ margins, times new roman 12 pt. font
2. The essay should include an APA title page and reference page (does not count toward the page length requirements).
3. Use APA format for citations and references.
4. Include subheadings to identify each section.
5. The essay should be 4-6 pages (not counting the title and reference page)