Exploration and Analysis
In your Topic Exploration and Analysis Assignment in Week 2, you selected a social issue, analyzed its background information, developed a problem statement, and provided an explanation about why the social issue is important to investigate. This week, you examine multiple perspectives regarding potential solutions to that social issue.
Note: Even though you may have selected an issue about which you have strong feelings, it is important to work from as neutral a perspective as possible and try not to let your personal values and perceptions cloud your objectivity. In writing a literature review, your goal is to present information about a topic that already exists in the scholarly literature – not to share personal opinions. You will be expected to use evidence to support your statements by citing resources from the Walden Library.
To prepare for this Project:
- Read the Black (2007) and Walden University Writing Center (2011) articles and review the Sample Literature Review in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Use the Walden Library to research multiple perspectives regarding potential solutions to the social issue you selected in Week 2.
- From this research, identify a minimum of two potential solutions to the social issue.
- Select a minimum of two scholarly resources from the Walden Library to support each of the potential solutions you identified.
By Day 7
Write a 2- to 3-page synopsis (not including the cover page or references) of your resource findings. Address the following in your review of the scholarly literature and be sure to use evidence to support your statements for each component:
- Describe at least two potential solutions to the social issue. What are the key steps involved with each potential solution?
- Are the potential solutions feasible? Explain.
- Are there any conflicts among the various perspectives regarding potential solutions to the social issue? What are the conflicts that exist? If you do not believe there are any conflicts, explain how you arrived at this conclusion.
- What are the interests, rights, and values of all parties (stakeholders) involved with the potential solutions to the social issue?
- Are there ethical dilemmas involved with the potential solutions the social issue? Explain. If you do not believe there are any ethical dilemmas, explain how you arrived at this conclusion.
Be sure to include an introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page, using APA format to cite each of your sources in the body of your paper.
In order to receive full credit, all Assignments are due on time. Should you encounter an unanticipated and uncontrollable life event that may prevent you from meeting an assignment deadline, contact the Instructor immediately to request an extension. Your Instructor’s contact information is in the Contact the Instructor area in the left navigation bar. For a full description of the late policy, please refer to the “Policies on Late Assignments” area of your Syllabus.