Effective and efficient communication
Effective and efficient communication is important in any organization. For this assignment, you will demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively and with sensitivity and tact.
• Review Readings and Resources.
• Choose ONE of the following scenarios below:
o Congratulations! Your supervisor has asked you to lead your organization’s Activities Committee. As Committee Leader, your first task is to plan the upcoming annual summer picnic for all employees and their families. Write an email to the Activities Committee team to begin the planning process and ensure the event is going to be a success. Make up the details needed.
o You just held the summer picnic event in Scenario 1. Overall, it was a success and the informal feedback you received from employees was very positive. However, you did not meet the CEO’s goals for the event, which were for 80% of employees to attend the event while keeping the cost under $10,000. Write an email to the CEO to recap the event and its goals. Make up the details needed.
• Use email format with a subject line.
• Write in a professional tone with a concise style and transitions.
• Include relevant, substantive details. Be sure to read the criteria by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.
READ EVALUTAION RUBRIC!