- Frank has 24 pennies, 62 nickels, 55 dimes, 16 quarters, and 19 fifty-cent pieces. How much money
does he have?
- Pete is purchasing an MP3 player for $199.90. He gives the sales clerk 2 fifty-dollar bills, 4 twentydollar bills, and 4 five-dollar bills. How much should he receive in change?
- Carol has 7 rolls of pennies containing 50 coins each, 11 rolls of nickels containing 40 coins each,
3 rolls of dimes containing 50 coins each, and 12 rolls of quarters containing 40 coins each. How
much money does she have?
- At the beginning of this month, Paul had $1004.21 in digital money. So far this month he has made
deposits of $7.66, $83.07, and $198.01 into his account, while he has made withdrawals of $35.36,
$4.71, and $94.98. How much digital money does Paul have now?
- Denominations matter in digital money. True or False?
He shall receive ten cents.
She has $4,170 in all.
- When you barter, you must in order to buy something.
- The money multiplier effect shows that when a bank has a lower reserve rate, they are able to
- If the reserve rate is 10% and a bank receives a deposit of $320,000, how much of the $320,000 is
the bank free to loan out?
- If the Federal Reserve sets the reserve rate to 20%, what is the resulting money multiplier?
- If the Federal Reserve sells $50,000 in Treasury bonds to a bank at 8% interest, what is the
immediate effect on the money supply?
A. It is decreased by $50,000.
B. It is increased by $50,000.
C. It is decreased by $55,500.
D. It is increased by $55,500.
- If the Federal Reserve decreases the reserve rate from 7% to 5%, how does this affect the amount
of money that would result because of fractional-reserve banking from an initial deposit into a bank
- From 1980 to 2000, the consumer price index (CPI) increased from 122.5 to 181. If a pound of
tomatoes cost $0.75 in 1980 and the price of tomatoes increased at the same rate as the CPI from
1980 to 2000, approximately how much did a pound of tomatoes cost in 2000?
- The following table shows the consumer price index (CPI) for a fictional country from 1992 to
During which of these time periods was there a period of deflation?
A. 1992 to 1994
B. 1994 to 1996
C. 1996 to 1998
D. 1998 to 2000
- During a certain 25-year period, the consumer price index (CPI) increased by 99%, but during the
next 25-year period, it increased by only 1%. Which of these conditions must have existed during the
second 25-year period?
- True or False? In a recession or a depression, inflation will likely decrease.
- What do you have to multiply a million by to get a billion?
- Mike wants to buy a book that costs $8.00 but has only $4.00 in his budget. What is his budget
- If a country’s debt-to-GDP ratio is currently 15% and its debt is expected to grow from 2 trillion
dollars to 3 trillion dollars in the next 5 years, what will the country’s GDP have to be in 5 years to
maintain the current debt-to-GDP ratio? $450,000,000,000
A thousand. (1,000,000* 1,000= 1,000,000,000)
Inareccession or depression inflation
will likely decrease/
- Kenji has 2500 Japanese yen. If 1 U.S. dollar equals 90.39 Japanese yen, about how many dollars
can Kenji buy for his yen?
- If someone tells you that the U.S. public debt is 1.258 x 1013 dollars, how much money is that?
Copyright © 2018 Apex Learning Inc. Use of this material is subject to Apex Learning’s . Any unauthorized copying, reuse, or redistribution
is prohibited. Apex Learning ® and the Apex Learning Logo are registered trademarks of Apex Learning Inc.