Dear Dr. Sam.
First, I would like to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to our practice.
During the review, as asked. I have looked at the following: Schedule, Charting, E/M Codes, and procedure coding, preventative counseling, and as our CMS1500 which is used to submit the billing.
Schedule: How can the provider increase his/her revenue with the scheduling portion of the clinic?
- Increasing patient load. A provider needs to see about 15 patients per day vs. less than 15 per day.
- What is the impact of seeing 4 vs. 15 what is the revenue value you need to explain?
E/M down coding vs. coding appropriately.
- Each provider needs to code the visit according to the written documentation and all elements supported in the chart.
- Charting elements: require the HPI, ROS, PFSH, Exam and Medical Decision making process?
What is counseling on preventive medicine?
- when a provider reviews with the patients, the pertinent information about his/her health and the outcome of following medication regimen.
- What are procedure codes and how are they important for increasing revenue?
- How does the provider assign a DX code to the patient?
- what is required on the CMS:
- Provider information,
- patient information and location,
- taxonomy and NPI.
- Submit the claim electronically: