Culturally Responsive Teaching Reflection Paper Start Assignment
To support you as you continuously grow and develop professionally as an early childhood educator you will develop and 2-3 page culturally responsive teaching (CRT) reflective paper. To do this, pretend you can pretend you are an administrator for a childcare facility serving children birth through age five or you may pretend to be a Pre-K or Kinder teacher in a school system. As a childcare facility administrator, you are developing a section of your parent handbook addressing your facilities position on culturally responsive teaching. As a Pre-K or Kinder teacher, you are developing a section of your classroom welcome packet addressing your position on culturally responsive teaching in your classroom.
This paper should be in APA format (12 pt. font, Time New Roman, double spaced, include in-text citations, and a reference page). The paper should be two to three pages. You will locate and use at least four empirical articles, to support your stance on culturally responsive teaching in early childhood education.
When thinking about your paper you want to take the following into consideration:
- What is meant by culturally relevant teaching in early childhood education & why is it important?
- What does culturally responsive teaching in early childhood education look like? (You want to think about qualities, characteristics, strategies)
- How will the position align with developmentally appropriate practices (e.g., Family involvement, child development? learning)
- What is the papers connection to research? (Are you making this up according to your feeling and what you think or are you grounding it in research that has been conducted?)
- Writing in a manner that is professional and objective