Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- Name one of the many safeguards that a medical office, clinic, and even a hospital can implement to prevent the loss of a record.
- Name two guidelines that should be followed if a medical record has been subpoenaed, or requested by the court.
- When utilizing facsimile machines, copy machines, or e-mail, several precautions need to be taken. List two, and why the precautions are necessary.
- Some states have passed statutes that define what must be contained in the medical record. Many of these statutes reflect the accreditation requirements of JCAHO. List two of these requirements.
- Provide one example of a problem associated with the implementation of HIPAA’s Privacy Rules, where a person either wants or needs access to a patient, but access is restricted because of concern for violating the rules.
- Ethical concerns related to Information Technology (Informatics) presents unique problems. List one and provide an example.