You will evaluate the choices in purchasing stock via online brokerage accounts (where you can buy and sell stock via the Internet) and the use of dividend reinvestment plans (known as DIPs and DRIPs) or mutual funds or index funds.
For online brokers, you will be looking for the requirements to open the accounts: costs, minimum balances, and other features. Because most DIPs or DRIPs are available from publicly traded companies, you can search their Web sites or a search engine on these plans and their requirements.
- Summarize the course project to this point.
- Analyze three online trading sites, and determine the requirements for trading, including the price per trade. Compare and contrast the online trading companies.
- Evaluate three companies (look for investor information) that offer DIPs or DRIPs.
- Summarize requirements, including minimum investments, nature of the return, costs, and other features.
- Submit a 3-4 page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.