Consider a business process using a firm with which you are familiar. Business processes include the following tasks:
Locate a 10-K report of your choice from the SEC UnitedHealth Group( https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/731766/000073176620000049/unh-20200930.htm). Present the company name and link to the most recent SEC 10-K report in the appropriate discussion for approval.
· The company you select should have segments and references to noncontrolling interest in the SEC 10-K.
· Explore the concepts of our chapter and notice how your company presents related information including segments.
· Vertical analysis is a strong tool when discussing the income statement and, separately, segments. Small charts you create, comparing the three-year income statement information from the SEC 10-K count as space. You can create an income statement with key line items including SG&A and Income Tax Expense. You may appropriate group less relevant items as “All other”. Judgment is an important accounting concept!
· Prepare a report on disclosure issues related to the segment and noncontrolling interest information in the SEC 10-K.
· Your deliverable should be two-four pages in length, single-spaced, with double spacing between paragraphs. Use one-inch margins. Font should be 10 – 12 points. Use headings related to topics in our class.
· Page count does not include copy and paste text or displays (such as a balance sheet). You should include the four major financial statements in your report but they do not count as pages or space. Use the Snip-It Tool to copy and paste into your word document. Small charts you create do count as space.