Competency 1 – Applies academic strategies necessary for success in graduate studies and business.
The required formatting for your papers, assignments, projects, discussions, or anything else that may be research based is the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
Paper: Academic Success Strategy
The Academic Success Strategy will serve as your personal blueprint and action plan for mastering each competency and completing the MBA program.
- Write a personal vision statement. The vision statement should:
- Motivate and compel you to take action over the long-term,
- Be challenging and require you to rely on God to make it a reality, and
- Align with your core values and have a purpose beyond self.
- Develop a personal mission statement. The mission statement should describe:
- The specific strengths you will use to impact the world in a positive way,
- How you will use your strengths, key resources, and key partnerships to add value, and
- Why you are passionate about serving others in this way.
- Write a statement that describes why you are studying to get an MBA.
- This statement should describe your expectations for the graduate program and how you anticipate the completion of this degree will support your personal, ministry, and workplace goals. This portion of your post should be 250-300 words.
- List 3-5 long-term career goals. The goals should be:
- Write a detailed action plan for completing your coursework. The action plan should have the following elements:
- A schedule for when you will read, study, and complete course assignments,
- Three or more strategies for increasing knowledge retention,
- Two or more strategies for staying motivated throughout the program, and
- Two or more strategies for engaging your peers, instructors, and professional community to enhance the learning experience and develop your network.