COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS PAPER
THIS ASSIGNMENT COUNTS AS MY FINAL GRADE!!!
—>PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS!!
Only accept if you can do it and have finance knowledge
WILLING TO NEGOTIATE!!
COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS PAPER
Each student will provide an in-depth analysis on Apple Inc.’s financial performance.
View the 2019 Annual Report for Apple Inc. Download the PDF of the Annual Form 10-K report from the website at:
In 5-7 pages, write your analysis in a Microsoft Word document and clearly identify each letter items to which you are responding. Part of your grade will be based on the organization of your project. Where calculations are involved, show them in your responses. Paper should be formatted according to APA requirements.
1. Briefly discuss the firm’s background, vision, mission, product lines, and trends (one page or less).
2. Review the Management’s Discussion, Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. Discuss significant financial impact the firm is facing both positive and negative.
3. Analyze only the “consolidated” income statement, balance sheet and cash flow of this firm and provide answers to the following questions
a) What was the net income for 2019?
b) What was the gross profit for 2019? 2018?
c) What was the amount of income before income taxes for 2019? For 2018?
d) What was the amount of selling, general, and administrative expenses in 2019?
e) What amount of dividends on common stock was paid per share and in total in 2019?
f) How much was the net cash provided (or used) by operating activities in 2019? In 2018?
g) How much was the net cash provided (or used) by investing activities in 2019? In 2018?
h) How much was the cash provided by the issuances of debt in 2019? In 2018?
i) What was the total amount of inventories on December 31, 2019, and 2018?
j) What were the total assets on December 31, 2019?
k) What were the current liabilities on December 31, 2019?
l) What are the company’s operating segments
4. Using chapter 3 as a guide and only the “consolidated” income statement and balance sheet, conduct a financial ratio analysis by using the 2019 financial data. Provide one type of ratio from each of the following categories:
a) Liquidity ratios
b) Debt ratios
c) Profit ratios
5. Put a conclusion together discussing why or why not you would recommend or not recommend this company to creditors and investors?
Rubric for company financial analysis
Introduction—The introduction adequately introduces the reader to the firm’s background, vision, mission, product lines and trends. 10 points
Financial impact The Management’s Discussion, Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations were reviewed. The student discussed the significant financial impact that the firm is facing both positive and negative. 20 points
Financial statement analysis—The student analyzed financial statements and answered the assigned questions. 35 points
Financial ratio analysis—The student calculated one liquidity ratio, one debt ratio and one profitability ratio. 15 points
Conclusion—-The student discussed and explained substantially why or why not they would recommend or not recommend this company to creditors and investors? 10 points
Mechanics—-The paper was 5-7 pages and typed in a Microsoft Word document.
Paper was formatted in APA format 10 points