Assignment #2– Politics Public Administration
- Chapter 5 in Textbook 1 (See attached)
Textbook 1: Holzer, M., & Schwester, R.W. (2016). Public Administration: An Introduction. 2nd Edition. M.E. Shape.
- Public administrative theory and the separation of powers (See attached)
- Assignment: Based on the reading materials for this week, please write a short essay as a response to one of the following questions:
1. What do you think is the relationship between politics and public administration?
2. Do you think Public Administration is an independent discipline? Why? If not, how can Public Administration develop into an independent discipline?
3. Do you agree with Frank Goodnow’s argument that politics is separate from administration? Why?
- Prepare an original and thoughtful (including references) response of 400 words.
- Student participation includes the following attributes:
- Comments show evidence of a thorough reading and analysis of the material(s) — this means the inclusion of references
- Points are relevant to the discussion in terms of increasing everyone’s understanding and are not merely a regurgitation of the readings.
- Care is taken to distinguish among different kinds of information; i.e. facts, opinions, assumptions, or inferences.
- There is a willingness to test new ideas rather than remain cautious and safe.
- Submissions utilize correct word usage, spelling, and punctuation.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE WRITER:
Please read the required readings. See attached materials.
Follow the instructions above and response to one of the questions.
You should quote at least three works mentioned in the required readings. The essay should be no less than 400 words in length. Be sure to include the question you select in the document.
Sources cited should be from reading documents.