Assignment #1– What is Public Administration?
- Required Readings:
- Chapter 1 in Textbook 1 (See attached)
- Chapter 3 in Textbook 2 (See attached)
- Assignment: Based on the reading materials for this week, please write a short essay as a response to one of the following questions:
- What in your ideas are the three words that would most describe public administration? Why?
- What do you expect public administration to offer apart from what has been described in the reading materials?
3. Do you think the current government has achieved what is expected to offer in public administration as mentioned in the reading materials?
- Prepare an original and thoughtful (including references) response of 400 words.
- Student participation includes the following attributes:
- Comments show evidence of a thorough reading and analysis of the material(s) — this means the inclusion of references
- Points are relevant to the discussion in terms of increasing everyone’s understanding and are not merely a regurgitation of the readings.
- Care is taken to distinguish among different kinds of information; i.e. facts, opinions, assumptions, or inferences.
- There is a willingness to test new ideas rather than remain cautious and safe.
- Submissions utilize correct word usage, spelling, and punctuation.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE WRITER:
Please read the required readings. See attached materials.
Follow the instructions above and response to one of the questions.
You should quote at least three works mentioned in the required readings. The essay should be no less than 400 words in length. Be sure to include the question you select in the document.
Sources cited should be from reading documents as well.