Answer the prompt(s) below utilizing the assigned reading(s) and substantively participate in at least one of your peers’ post
DIRECTIONS: Answer the prompt(s) below utilizing the assigned reading(s) and substantively participate in at least one of your peers’ post. That means your replies to your colleagues’ posts must be either important to their making improvements or meaningful to their understanding.
Read the posts and comments prior to yours so you can avoid repeating information others have written. If you want to discuss similar thoughts or observations, reference what others have said and perform one of the following operations:
- add a new insight to the thought or observation
- provide a different example and clarify what additional nuances it reveals
- discuss the causes or implications of the thought or observation, or
- compare, contrast, or otherwise relate the thought or observation to other thoughts or observations, and explain what nuances that process reveals.
1. Identify a research question in a journal article and discuss what approach would be best to study the question and why.
2. Take a topic that you would like to study, and using the four combinations of worldviews, designs, and research methods in Figure 1.1, discuss a project that brings together a worldview, designs, and methods. Identify whether this would be quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods research. Use the typical scenarios that we have advanced in this chapter as a guide.
3. What distinguishes a quantitative study from a qualitative study? Mention three characteristics.