Announcing Contract Award and Responsibilities of the Contracting Officers’ Representative
Assignment 5: Announcing Contract Award and Responsibilities of the Contracting Officers’ RepresentativeDue Week 10 and worth 170 pointsImagine that you are working on a project to purchase 5,000 electrical generators with an electrical capacity of three (3) kilowatts and will be used by the U.S. Army for battlefield communications systems.Choose to respond to this scenario from a government or a contractor perspective. If you select government, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a government employee (or military personnel) receiving the proposal from the contractor. If you select contractor, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a contractor employee submitting a proposal to the government.Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the requirements for announcing federal contract awards. Determine how these requirements apply to this scenario.
- Establish the responsibilities of the Contracting Officers Representative (COR) for this contract.
- Evaluate the existing training and certification requirements for CORs in general.
- Create a set of specific requirements for the COR working on the contract for 5,000 electrical generators.
- Assess the importance of safeguarding proprietary information. Propose two (2) ways that proprietary information can be safeguarded in this scenario.
Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resourc