Analyze the process for creating and amending healthcare policy specific to financing, technology, institutions and stakeholders.
Module 7: Overview
As part of this final module of HCI 550 Healthcare Policy and Innovation, you will post your presentation, and you will watch other presentations from your group and reply to the following questions through the third and final discussion board.
For the DB portion of the assignment we are looking for YOUR thoughts. Follow the rubric.
Please cover the points below:
- In a few sentences, summarize your understanding of the Healthcare Policy.
- Who are the (specific) stakeholders?
- Who and how does or could this policy help / hurt?
- As a Healthcare Innovator, how would you change this Policy?
By the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Analyze the process for creating and amending healthcare policy specific to financing, technology, institutions and stakeholders.
- Examine the development and evolution of healthcare policy including regulatory and statutory mechanisms.
- Evaluate the relationship between healthcare policy and health disparities.
- Analyze the perspective and role of consumers, as stakeholders, who represent various populations in creating policy.
- Explain the relationship between innovation, change management and policy development.
Read the following:
- Disparities Policies: (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. The Henry J. Keiser Family Foundation Website
Module 7: Assignment: Healthcare and Innovation Policy Presentation Project
- Due Apr 18 by 11:59pm
- Points 40
- Submitting a text entry box, a website url, a media recording, or a file upload
Create an 8-12 minute Prezi or PowerPoint presentation with voice-over narration. Utilize the information garnered from readings, PP presentations, lectures, videos and websites, as well as the research conducted pursuant to your policy issue topic. Please review the Healthcare Policy and Innovation Final Presentation Grading Rubric to ensure you are including all of the requirements. 40 points
Please structure your presentation by including the following topics:
|Healthcare and Innovation Policy Presentation Project|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroduction||6 to >3.5 ptsFull MarksIntroduction and importance of policy issue to your area of interest, organization or practice is clear; topic is presented creatively and captures reader’s interest; introduction is organized.3.5 to >1.5 ptsSatisfactoryIntroduction is broad, general and vague; importance of policy issue to your area of interest, organization or practice is not clearly stated.1.5 to >0 ptsNo Marks/ Fails to Meet ExpectationsIntroduction is cursory; relationship of policy issue to your area of interest, organization or practice is not included.||6 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDescription and Historical Development of Policy||9 to >5.0 ptsFull MarksPolicy is thoroughly described; historical development is organized, accurate and includes a timeline of policy discussions, implementation and impact to date; pros and cons are identified with rationale.5 to >2.5 ptsSatisfactoryPolicy description is vague; historical development is minimalistic and does not include a timeline of policy discussions, implementation and impact to date; pros and cons are identified, rationale is missing.2.5 to >0 ptsNo Marks/ Fails to Meet ExpectationsPolicy description and historical development are missing; timeline of policy discussions, implementation and impact are not included. Pros and cons are not identified; rationale is not included.||9 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStakeholder Roles and Agendas||9 to >5.0 ptsFull MarksSpecific stakeholders and their roles in agenda setting and changes to policy are clearly identified; references are provided to support stakeholders’ positions; the proponent and opponent positions are reviewed and referenced.5 to >2.0 ptsSatisfactoryOnly generic stakeholders are identified; roles are not clearly defined. Stakeholder positions are not supported by references. The proponent and opponent positions are reviewed, but not referenced.2 to >0 ptsNo Marks/ Fails to Meet ExpectationsNo stakeholders are identified; proponent and opponent positions are not included.||9 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAdvocacy Strategies from a Consumer Perspective||6 to >3.5 ptsFull MarksConsumer strategies to advocate policy are clearly identified; references are provided to support consumers’ positions.3.5 to >1.5 ptsSatisfacoryConsumer strategies to advocate policy are not clearly identified; references are not provided to support consumers’ positions.1.5 to >0 ptsNo Marks/ Fails to Meet ExpectationsConsumer strategies to advocate policy are not identified.||6 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeRecommendations/Ideas for Reform||6 to >3.5 ptsFull MarksCurrent status of policy is clearly identified; status of future reform is outlined; supporting references are provided.3.5 to >1.5 ptsSatisfactoryCurrent status of policy is not clearly identified; status of future reform is vague; references do not provide support.1.5 to >0 ptsNo Marks/ Fails to Meet ExpectationsCurrent status of policy is not identified; status of future reform is not included; supporting references are not included.||6 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTiming/Clarity/ APA Format||4 to >3.0 ptsFull MarksPresentation is 8-12 minutes. Presentation is easy to understand, Content is well organized and well sequenced. Correct APA format (7th ed.) with fewer than 3 grammatical and/or spelling errors; references are mentioned and cited throughout presentation and reference pages are included.3 to >1.0 ptsSatisfactoryPresentation is over or under by no more than 1 minute or the 8-12 minute assignment. Content is organized but not well sequenced. APA format (7th ed.) with fewer than 6 grammatical and/or spelling errors; references mentioned and cited in body and reference pages are included.1 to >0 ptsNo Marks/ Fails to Meet ExpectationsPresentation is more than 1 minute greater or less than assigned 8-12 minutes. Content is not well organized or well sequenced. Poor attempt at APA format (7th ed.) with more than 6 grammatical and/or spelling errors or APA format not used; references not mentioned or cited during presentation, no reference list included.||4 pts|
|Total Points: 40|
- Follow the grading rubric and include all required criteria.
- Introduce the issue and describe its importance to your practice, organization or area of interest.
- Describe the policy and its historical development.
- Discuss controversial viewpoints and provide proponents’ and opponents’ perspectives and rationale.
- Discuss the roles of specific stakeholders in the agenda-setting and how their positions contributed to strategies which influenced the policy. Include any changes that were made during the course of policy development.
- Describe advocacy strategies from a consumer perspective.
- Discuss what you would to do to innovate the policy and what you would reforms you would recommendations. Include your opinion on the policy as part of the presentation. Apply the appropriate policymaking process and steps you would take as the next step(s).
- Show evidence of critical thinking and application of course materials.
- Demonstrate ability to synthesize sources and combine with original thoughts.
- Include narration as part of the presentation.
- Use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- APA (7th ed.) format required.
- If your project is in Prezi, please turn in the URL link for the project.