analytics and the Support of Decision Making
Focusing on the analytics, decision support systems (DSS), and business intelligence (BI) frameworks and how BI and DDS support key issues of managerial decision making, assess aspects of decision making that are important to understand in order to develop effective computer support for decisions makers.
Write a 3–5 page paper that summarizes your conclusions. Address the following questions in your paper:
- What are the various aspects of decision making that are important to understand when developing effective decision support systems?
- What are some examples of application areas for analytics that support decision-makers?
- What are the challenges and considerations, both technological and organizational, that need to be addressed when adopting business intelligence initiatives?
- How does the introduction of analytics and business intelligence initiatives affect users, and how does it influence decision making at different levels of an organization?
In your paper be sure to address the major frameworks of computerized decision support in analytics, decision support systems (DSS), and business intelligence and how those frameworks support key issues of managerial decision making with the use and applications of business analytics.
As you complete your assignment, be sure your paper meets the following guidelines:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Scholarship: Use at least 5 professionally reputable sources to support your main points and analysis. Be sure to include scholarly sources. Course readings may be included among the 5 required sources.
- APA formatting: All resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Analytics and the Support of Decision Making Scoring Guide.
- Smarthinking Tutoring.
- Introduction to the Writing Center.
- APA Style and Format.